The School Run - Virtual School Competition Autumn 2019
Following the huge success of our competitions last year, we are currently accepting entries for our Autumn 2019 virtual competition which will run from 1st October to 29th November 2019. This year the competition is bigger and better value than ever!
The competition fits perfectly against the requirement of the School Games Mark to include a Level 0 Personal Challenge/Digital Competition.
So what is a Virtual Competition?
Three times a year we challenge children to complete three sporting activities during their PE or Games lessons at school. The results from every member in the class are submitted and points awarded.
The three challenges for the autumn term are as follows:
- Square Run
- Jumping Coordination Challenge
- Throw, Clap and Catch Challenge
All challenges require very little equipment or space. Challenges will be slightly adapted for infant children.
Entry per school is just £6.00, regardless of the number of classes you have.
For this, you will receive
- Online tracking sheets for every class in your school to record the scores of each of the challenges.
- Full instructions of how to complete each of the three challenges including demonstration videos
- A template letter to share with parents if you wish
- A downloadable certificate to award to your pupils at the end of the competition
- Entry to the inter school competition and the chance to win a trophy for the highest scoring class across the country.
It's not all about winning though and instead more about children taking part in physical activity, promoting healthy lifestyles and competing against other schools from all over the country. During the competition window, you can practise the events as little or as often as you want in order to prepare the children.
There are no supply costs, no transport is needed and no risk assessments need to be written. Instead, simply incorporate the challenges into your PE lessons over a number of weeks. We have categories for every year group so the competition is fair.
To read about what teachers have said about our competitions and challenges, please click here.
Reception class at Crookesbroom Infants were the winners of our recent competition
Class Celebration Packs
If you would like to recognise the efforts and achievements of your class during the competition, we provide a class celebration pack in addition to your whole school entry fee. For just £10 per class you will receive:
- Stickers for all children taking part which are personalised with the school name on.
- Three high quality medals to award to pupils of your choice. These can be your three highest scoring pupils or why not award it to those that fully embrace the challenge?
We expect the challenge to be even more popular than ever with the £6.00 entry fee. Remember, this is just £6.00 per school, regardless of the number of classes you have.
If you are interested in getting involved, please fill out the form below and we will contact you with further details.