The School Run, a trading name of The Primary Teacher Resource Centre, has registered premises at 12 Beverley Road, Sunbury on Thames, Middlesex, TW16 6NG. ("We" or “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy together with any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis of:
- What personal data we collect and why
- What we do with your personal data
- How we secure your personal data
- How you can change or delete your personal data
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- ‘Site’ - means the public area of www.ukschoolrun.com
- ‘Service’ - means the restricted area of schoolrunuk.com accessible via registration.
- ‘User’ - means a person who uses our Site or has registered to use our Service.
- ‘Personal Data’ - means any information that can personally identify an individual.
What Information We Collect
The legal basis in which we process information we collect is in order for us to provide the Service outlined in our Terms and Conditions and is in our legitimate interests which are further explained in ‘How We Use The Information Collected’ section of this Policy.
We may collect and process various forms of information when you use our Site or Service:
- ‘User-Provided’ Information - When you use our Site or Service, you may provide Personal Data and we as a result, may collect this. Personal data is any form of information that can identify an individual for example, name, email address, mailing address, and credit card or other billing information. Examples of when this information may be provided include, but are not limited to, when you register to our site, subscribe to our services, complete surveys you have consented to and when you have contacted us.
- ‘Automatically Collected’ Information - If you use our Site or Service we may automatically collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We achieve this by using cookies and other forms of technology. All of the information that is automatically collected is statistical data about our Users browsing actions and patterns. Some of this information is stored for security purposes so we can alert you of any suspicious activity on your account.
- ‘User Collected’ Information - We may collect personal data to ensure full functionality of the features provided depending on how you, the User, use our Service. For example, we may store names, mailing addresses and contact numbers (amongst other information) of our customers so we can can fulfil any orders that are placed through our Service. For this purpose, The School Run, is the data processor. Each User is responsible for providing notice to their customers or users detailing what Personal Data may be stored and processed through our Service, and the reasons for doing so.
How We Use The Information Collected
We use the information that we collect in a variety of ways during the provision of our services and operation of our business, including the following:
- To ensure that all the features we provide are available, functional and maintained as per the specifications advertised
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us
- To carry out any business essential administrative processes
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service, when you choose to do so
- To enhance the Service we provide by developing new products, and improving functionality of existing products
- To enable our team to provide support to Users when requested or required to do so
- Investigate any issues that arise from using our Service
- To notify you of any changes to our Service
- To provide any information you have requested or that we feel may be of genuine interest to you. These include updates about the services we offer, promotions and general business information. You have the right to opt-out of receiving any promotional information as detailed below under ‘Your Rights’ of this policy.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical / Performance cookies - They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This also helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that Users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you. For example, greet you by name and remember your preferences within the application.
- Targeting cookies - These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
You can find out more information about cookies by visiting https://cookiesandyou.com.
We use Google Analytics to measure traffic to our Site and understand how Users move around and use our Service. We use this information to enhance the Site and Service we provide to ensure that Users get the best experience possible. We also use Google Analytics to monitor aggregate information of your website which helps us monitor the performance of features we offer within our Service to ensure full functionality. The information gathered also enables us to improve these features in the future. All of the information we collect from Google Analytics is aggregate and will not be disclosed with any other third parties.
How We Store The Information We Collect
When your information is submitted to us, we use it to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to ensure your information is protected. These safeguards are implemented to ensure that personal data in our possession is not subject to any unlawful forms of processing which include accidental loss, unauthorised access or disclosure. Our team are trained to ensure that all administrative processes are followed to ensure that your data is handled and processed accordingly and that data remains secure. These measures are regularly reviewed to ensure that your personal data is being stored in the most secure way possible.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure Of Information
We will only disclose your information to any third-parties as detailed in this Policy and under the following circumstances:
- To facilitate payment (for example, Paypal).
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The School Run, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, you can do so by contacting [email protected] For more information, please see the ‘Your Rights’ section of this Policy.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Protecting the privacy of children is particularly important in data protection. At the School Run, we may hold some data on children taking part in our events or competitions. All data is stored securley and under no cirucumstances is any type or form of children's data passed on to any third party. We do not use this data in any other way than to record their participation in our events or competitions or to create a personalised certificate when they have completed one of our challenges.
When participating in one of our school events, we recommend that teachers and schools do not add the full names of children taking part on our tracking sheets. Instead, we recommend they should record a child's initials or associate them by a number. If a school wishes to add a child's full name to our tracking sheets, the school and/or teacher should seek permission from a parent or legal guardian before doing so.
If you, as a parent or guardian, discover that your child (under the age of 18) is recorded on our tracking sheets without your consent, please notify us at [email protected] and will we take the relevant action to ensure the Personal Data of the child is erased.
Access To Information & Your Rights
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy within your account. Under the GDPR, as a User of our Service, you have several rights in relation to your personal data which include:
- The right of access - you have the right to know exactly what information we hold about you and how we process it.
- The right of rectification - you have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten - You have the right to have your personal data removed or deleted without a specific reason for doing so. This is also known as ‘the right to erasure’.
- The right to restrict processing - an individual's right to block or suppress processing of their personal data. You have the right to block your personal data from being processed.
- The right to data portability - you have the right to request the personal data we hold about you for your own use.
As a User, you can access, change and delete certains types of data that we hold about you within your account. For more information on what personal information you can access in your account, please contact [email protected] If you wish to exercise any of your rights in accordance with the GDPR, please contact us with the specific request using the contact details located under the ‘Contact Us’ section of this Policy. The action taken will be free of charge, provided in an easily accessible format (if applicable) and actioned within 30 days, where possible.
If you have concerns about the way we handle your personal data, you can contact the ICO or raise a complaint by contacting [email protected] and we will investigate accordingly.
We will continue to retain any information collected from a User of our Service as long as the Users account is deemed active. When a Users account is deemed inactive, we will remove information as set out below:
- A user or school has not entered an event or contacted us for a period of 12 months
We may still hold personal information of inactive accounts under the following conditions:
- If required for financial records in line with UK accounting and taxation laws (for a period of at least 6 years, plus the current year)
- If deemed necessary due to any legal obligations or regulatory investigations that may arise
- 12 Beverley Road, Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex, TW16 6NG
Alternatively, you can use the Contact Us page on our site.
Changes To This Policy
Last edited: 01/03/20